Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solving problem with Surface curvature and joining bodies

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jedrzejhechlacz
50 Views, 0 Replies

Solving problem with Surface curvature and joining bodies

Hello Everybody,

I am newbie with Fusion 360 and parametric design. I am a sculptor and I used to work with Zbrush. This is something new to me, but I start to like it more and more. Sometimes thing just have so many consequences when other thing at the beginning are poor. 

My problem is I am trying to create a 1:8 model car hood for printing. In this case it is 1932 Ford. This hood has strong curve. I watched some tutorials of how to model car in Fusion - basically sketch to surface and it never has been turned into solid body. I followed that technique, but I want to 3d print that model so I added thickness. See attachment (1 picture from top). I found out that those two bodies now intersect weirdly - they do not have the same gap all the way between them, it's like weird curve over there (second and third photo from top on the same attachment). 

Now I started looking for how to merge those two bodies together but found out that to do so they should have even gap between them. I also tried this technique: Solved: Trimming Overlap in Components - Autodesk Community - Fusion 

But I could not trim it that way - I noticed I have to go back from this point to the sketch and where I created surfaces. 

So first problem was merging bodies and it was actually later in the timeline of the modeling process if it makes any sense, and now I have another problem which in my opinion should solve that merging issue. See the next attachment. How would you make that curvature so it does not blow like a bubble? I did rails alongside but it only makes another parts of it inflated. This is where I am stuck. 

I do not know how to merge those two bodies if it is possible without fixing the surface first and I do not know how to make that surface nice without any bulges, so it can look smooth like that: spec-mda-hood-2-jpg.4212321 (400×256) (jalopyjournal.com)

I uploaded the file I am working on - it's a mess I know, but please help me if you can. Thank you very much and have a great rest of the week! 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report