Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slot dimensioning

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2123 Views, 5 Replies

Slot dimensioning

Hi,

I'm trying to put dimensions on a slot in a sketch, but I'm not able to pick the external point on diameter to dimension the maximum length... Am I doing anything wrong?

Slot-dimensions.jpg

The only way I found was to put a point manually on the half-circumference at left and right and then using those for attach the dimension lines.

Thank you

Marco

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks like you used a centre to centre slot, try a Overall slot. See second example in this screencast.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
HughesTooling

One more bit of info, you can select midpoints for dimensions directly if you hold the Ctrl key down while the mouse pointer is near the midpoint of a curve.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hi Mark,

thanks for your kind reply, but it does not work for me. Holding down the ctrl button does not sort any result in selecting the mid point. For a line it selects the line and for a circle, it select nothing. To select the center point of a circle, I've to pick its center point precisely or a point on the circumference, but Fusion 360 does not indicate to me any midpoint.

Select-Points.gif

Thank you

Regards

Message 5 of 6
HughesTooling

Sorry gave you the wrong information, you need to hold the Shift key down to pick midpoints. With circles there is no quad snap so you'll need to draw a point on the circumference then add a Horizontal\Vertical constraint between the point and circle centre or draw construction lines.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Ok Mark.

Shift does the trick.

Thank you

Marco

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report