Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple cone shape model

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
581 Views, 4 Replies

Simple cone shape model

Hi,

I've been trying to model a basic shape on the tutorial version, in order to get to grips with things before purchasing the full edition. I haven't been able to do much, and I've watched a few videos from Lars Christensen, which has been a help, but I'm probably not up to using the software. 

I wondered if anyone would be able to help with a method for creating the attached image which I designed in Sketchup. The bottom circle is 80mm in diameter, extruded by 5mm. The overall height is 40mm including the 5mm lip at the bottom. I would like both the base and the column to be connected by a smooth curve, like the one showed in Sketchup image but with a more curved look. Surely this is an easy model to create, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

The purpose for this model is to export it and use VCarve Pro to 3d carve it from wood. 

Any help would be great, thanks!

Rhys

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 22.58.45.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

The Revolve command would be the best method:

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
davebYYPCU

Click on Create > Revolve, read those instructions.

Draw half of your front view.  Use the Centre line from your profile shape.

Curvy bit is an adjustable 2 point spline.

Rev2.png

Might help....

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

Wow, very helpful!

Thank you so much. Would it be simple to make the whole component one solid piece, rather than having the hole through the centre and the hollow space at the bottom?

Rhys

Message 5 of 5
etfrench

Of course, I was just guessing you wanted a funnel Smiley Happy  Create the profile you want, then revolve around the centerline.  It will be solid.

p.s. The profile must have a closed boundary.  The area will turn yellow when it is closed.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report