Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show scale in drawing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4800 Views, 7 Replies

Show scale in drawing

Hi,

When I make a drawing, I can choose a scale for the base view, but nothing shows in the title block?

How can I active turn on scale in the title block and maybe also under each figure on the 2D drawing?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cmiller66
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Filip,

We don't have view labels for base/projected views, only Detail and Section views.  I'm guessing you are using an ISO format drawing, in that case the default titleblock does not have a Scale field.  The titleblock in the default ASME template will auto-populate the Scale field with the scale of the first view placed on the sheet.

We do have plans to allow users to customize titleblocks and specifiy what properties appear by default but that is still in the works.  For now you will need to enter this manually using Text (you can re-verify the view scale by double-clicking the view and checking the Scale property).

Thanks,

Chris

Message 3 of 8
szymon.klauseZ632R

Almost 6 years past and we still can't place scale field in ISO title block. Shame on you Autodesk. 😞

Message 4 of 8
Fabbunny69

Hard to believe in such an awesome piece of engineering software I can't add scale to my title block!

Message 5 of 8
Matt_Finish

This is strange as to why people cannot add scale to their Drawings title block - I've created my own drawing template for myself, and work colleague to use - I've added multiple different texts that update depending on the model (this is one of our custom title blocks) 

Note the scale, sheet, title, created by and created date update depending on who creates the drawing and the model's information 

Matt_Finish_0-1721958272247.png

Message 6 of 8

I'd have to agree with @Matt_Finish: I've also been using scale in my template for a number of years...

I seem to recall, I've copied the variable from the US template, as I used that prior.

Message 7 of 8
Fabbunny69

ISO drawing templates don't have scale, which seems utterly bizarre when the ASME template does.

So the internal mechanism is there in Fusion to add scale, why on earth can't I add it to an ISO drawing?

We are all ISO in Australia and MANY other countries, and this is a 7-year-old issue, come on Fusion you must have a lot of users outside the USA by now. There must be a way of putting this one to bed without us having to add scale manually.

Message 8 of 8

>>So the internal mechanism is there in Fusion to add scale<<

Yes, the variable that inserts scale is available.

>>why on earth can't I add it to an ISO drawing?<<

That's the thing:  you can & you could even automate it by creating your own ISO template, which you then use as your standard for all new drawings... 

Scale is one of the available variables that's just not included in the default "... from scratch" ISO template (& in my opinion, you're quite right to question that - no misunderstanding there). 

The quick solution, however, would be to create your own ISO template - you can derive it from the standard, add the scale & other preferences - logo, copyright notice & such...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report