Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal Parts cannot be cut with an arc or spline

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Felipe.G
334 Views, 5 Replies

Sheetmetal Parts cannot be cut with an arc or spline

When I try to cut a Sheetmetal part with an arc or surface or spline, Fusion has an error on the flatten part, also cutting in angle or using splines or a NURB surface wont work

Sheetmetal Error-Cuts.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Warmingup1953
in reply to: Felipe.G

If it were me I'd create a surface body from the Sheet metal body...Trim that thicken and then convert that solid body to sheetmetal. Edges need to be normal.

spline.jpgspline4.jpg

Message 3 of 6
laughingcreek

I suspect there's more to this story.  I was able to both unfold and create a flat pattern from a sheet metal part I cut with an arc-

laughingcreek_0-1715632363386.png

can you attach the model?

Message 4 of 6
Felipe.G

Thank you for the response, I have attached the model with the error when flattened, is not the first time it happens to us, I agree Warmingup1953 cutting only the flange works fine but once we go into inclined planes cut or splines or cutting with a surface then the part will have an error and on this case my cut is parallel using an arc and still wont work I'm sure it may be something I'm doing wrong, but we have noticed the issue before and now happened again.

Hi  laughingcreek, yes it works and I'm doing exactly that juts on a different orientation you can see it on the attached file I hope we can figure how to do it better and make sure it works, we do mostly model a "surface body" or a solid and then turn it into Sheetmetal but some of these basic ones we think should work but hope we can find if not a solution at least to find if better stay with surface/body as a guide to create some of the sheetmetal parts

Thank you guys for the help 

Message 5 of 6
laughingcreek

in the model you attached the flat pattern works, where's the question?

also, in the model you attached yo have a ton of errors in the  timeline.  these need to be fixed as they occur.  you can have all sorts of weirdness and difficulties that are hard to chase down when these errors exist.

Message 6 of 6
Felipe.G

about the errors I just removed what I didn't wanted to show, for the pattern when flattened my icon is red, my understanding is that something may be wrong and yes it does flatten the part but icon is red and have an error on the part

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report