Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing exportable designs

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
JetForMe
300 Views, 1 Reply

Sharing exportable designs

I want to send my design to a machinist who needs to verify the model for manufacturability. Is there any way to do this via the cloud features? I've shared the design online, and you can look at it and tumble it and such, but they can't get any useful information out of it, like dimensions, or export it/download it so they can open it in SolidWorks to do a more detailed analysis (I don't think they use Fusion360 yet).

Do I need to manually export the data and just email it, or is there a way for them to get what they need online if I share it correctly?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
HughesTooling
in reply to: JetForMe

On the Share Public link dialog select Allow item to be downloaded. They will then have the option to pick a file type then enter their email address, when the translation is complete they will receive an email with a download link.

Capture.PNG

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report