Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape Optimization Tutorial Error - SINGULARITY DETECTED AT GRID 2059 COMPONENT 3

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
haerYPJU9
152 Views, 1 Reply

Shape Optimization Tutorial Error - SINGULARITY DETECTED AT GRID 2059 COMPONENT 3

Hi, i am following up with the shape optimization tutorial however am encountering the above error even with following step-by-step guide in the tutorials.

Please help to see what is the cause of error.

Error: SINGULARITY DETECTED AT GRID 2059 COMPONENT 3
Cause : A singularity has been detected in the stiffness matrix during decomposition.
Action : Investigate the degree of freedom at which the singularity occurred for a lack of
stiffness. Also, check your model for a lack of constraint. If using shell elements,
either set the K6ROT model parameter to a value between 1.0 and 100.0, or set the
SHELLRNODE model parameter to ON. If this does not solve the problem or you are unable
to locate the source of the singularity, consider setting the SOLUTIONERROR model
parameter to ON. Note that solution accuracy may be degraded with this parameter set
to ON. Check the EPSILON value in the Model Results Output or Results Summary File.
Values greater than 0.001 indicate a possible loss of accuracy.
Error: Solver Error
Error: An error occurred while solving the model.

File in link below.

https://a360.co/3Me4Rcc

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
shekar_sub
in reply to: haerYPJU9

Hi haerYPJU9

This succeeds in an internal build which is a higher build number than what is available in the field. That's good news. I do see the failure in the production build that is in the field. 

Best regards

shekar

toptsucceeds.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report