Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set position constraint to linked body

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tampe125
2482 Views, 3 Replies

Set position constraint to linked body

I'm moving the first steps with Fusion 360 so most likely I'm doing something wrong.

I created a plate and on top of this plate I'll attach some bodies (linked from other designs).  

I have created constructions lines to align objects; since I'm going to experiment with different distances between the bodies, I have created a couple of User Parameters in order to create a dynamic grid.

I can link external designs just fine and I can move bodies in the correct position, however I wasn't able to create a constraint to link the body to the grid, so when I change the distance between construction lines objects will move too.

Is that possible or am I doing something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: tampe125

Use joints instead of the Align tool.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mavigogun
in reply to: tampe125

Are you using joints?    First I created my grid, then Coincident Constrained Points to the grid nexus by applying the Constraint to the Point and both the lateral and longitudinal Lines.   I then placed Joint Origins at each Point.   Mindful that Joints play nice with Components, each Body I wanted to position was included in one.   Then Assemble>Joint, selecting the target Component and desired Joint Origin.   There after, moving a line moves the Component. Grid Positioning.JPG

Message 4 of 4
tampe125
in reply to: mavigogun

Thank you very much, works like a charm!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report