Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sculpting an air vent

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JarnoM25
2712 Views, 4 Replies

Sculpting an air vent

Hello,

First of all love Fusion allthough its a steep learning curve to get where I want to be.

I'm working with composites and especially for motorcycles, and now I'm trying out a new idea.

Imagine I would get an .STL or STEP model of a motorcycle, and I would want to make an air vent somewhere in a bodypanel, which features or drawing environment would be best to use?

I have watched lots of videos on fusion 360 but could not find a similar shape or subject see how its done, if anyome could tell or show me, or has a tutorial video where I could see how its done it would be of great help.

See the attachment for a similar shape (the red encircled air vent). 

Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: JarnoM25

Making the vent won't be hard.  A number of different ways you could approach it.  If your new to fusion then you might try more of a negative cutout approach in model space, where you would create the negative space of the vent and cut it out of the door panel.  As you gain experience you would get good results using lofts in the patch space.  The sculpt space is an option, but has it's own learning curve involved.

My biggest suggestion would be to get the step file.  You will struggle to use a stl file, as fusion isn't very good with mesh files. 

Message 3 of 5
PhilProcarioJr

@infoM48QC

This might help.

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 4 of 5
JarnoM25

Brilliant! Thanks a lot!
Message 5 of 5
agpereirav
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

Fantastic job!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report