Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save sketch as DXF don´t work good.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
danielND6TD
435 Views, 3 Replies

Save sketch as DXF don´t work good.

Hello.

I save a sketch as DXF with FUSION 360. But the problem is when i open the file with LIBRECAD don´t work good. Also don´t work good when i open with FUSION 360. Only work good when i open with AUTODESK DWG TRUEVIEW.

I only want to open the sketch with a free 2D software like LIBRECAD to make modifications, change colors of lines, etc, and next sabe in DXF to cut with laser machine.

I think with the AUTODESK DWG TRUEVIEW maybe i can save as DWG, DXF, or other format, and next open with the LIBRECAD to make the modifications and sabe as DXF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: danielND6TD

The problem is a lot of free programs can't read Fusion's splines correctly, I'd guess they all use the same libraries to read DXF files. Rhino reads the file fine but it's not free, did a quick test and found nanoCAD reads the file as well and they have a free version. Don't know if you'll be able to export from nanoCAD in a format your other programs can read.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Have a look at Draftsight, a free (old) autocad workalike which  works for me.

Message 4 of 4

Hello.

I am using Draftsight and Work, not perfect but Work. When i save the file in Draftsight i can chose what King of DXF i want (ASCII or binari 2013, 2010, 2007-2009, 2004-2006, 2000-2002, R14, R13 y R12). So, only when i save in ASCII or binari R12 i can open again.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report