Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolution in motion link

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cekat9645
250 Views, 5 Replies

Revolution in motion link

[Post title shortened by CGBenner 6/10/24]

I am trying to mimic the motion of a CV axle joint by using a ball joint and linking the revolute of the axle to the roll of the ball joint, but because the pitch and roll are both on the same axis, the pitch is also affecting the revolutions. I tried limiting the pitch so it doesn't move and the joint works fine but only along one axis. 

I could just use contact sets for some parts but I am trying to avoid them because they make my computer laggy

does anyone know a workaround?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: cekat9645

@cekat9645 

Welcome to the forum.  I just want to let you know that I shortened your post title so it would fit better on the screen, and moved the post to the Design forum.  Good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
jhackney1972

Please attach your Fusion model for the best help.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 6
CGBenner

@cekat9645 Hello, do you still need help with this question?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 6
cekat9645
in reply to: CGBenner

Yea sorry everyone I will post the file for the model soon

Message 6 of 6
cekat9645

The file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report