Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with step files

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rjeAT6XG
307 Views, 7 Replies

Problem with step files

I'm trying to get a part quoted for CNC with JLC PCB.  The upload kept failing.  I contacted their customer service and they told me the problem was that the file contained multiple bodies.  When I open the same step in Fusion, it shows just the one body that I had intended to export.  Has anyone had an error like this?

I did try moving the body to the root of the file and deleting the empty component, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also, I've made this part by cutting with another body.  I wonder if somehow that subtracted body is causing an issue.

Lastly, I can't share the file as this is proprietary company data.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TrippyLighting
in reply to: rjeAT6XG

You should be able to share your fully expanded browser structure (screenshot) . If there are more than one bodies folder, with more than one body in it, then "they" are correct.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
rjeAT6XG

There is only one body shown.

rjeAT6XG_0-1718296588475.png

Message 4 of 8
HughesTooling

When you export are you right clicking the Base Holder component and selecting export from the right click menu? This should give you a STP file with just the body. If you export from the file menu it might be reported as an assembly by other programs.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
rjeAT6XG

Tried right-click export.  Same result.

I also tried to export as an iges, import into Fusion and export as a .stp, but that isn't successful either.

Message 6 of 8
TrippyLighting

@rjeAT6XG wrote:

There is only one body shown.

rjeAT6XG_0-1718296588475.png

And that is the entire browser?

Usually the root component of a design is not grounded to the parent, but your BASE HOLDER is. 

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
HughesTooling

@rjeAT6XG Have you tried a real simple test? Start a new design add just a box, no components, nothing else and export.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
rjeAT6XG

I have five other components that I've exported and they worked properly.  2 components from this same design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report