Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Fusion 360 Service Outage

161 REPLIES 161
SOLVED
Message 1 of 162
keqingsong
60890 Views, 161 Replies

RESOLVED: Fusion 360 Service Outage

UPDATE DEC 8, 2;22 A.M. PST -

All, tests on our end have shown that we are back online. You should now be able to log in and access your data and use Fusion 360 as you normally would. Things are still ramping up, but if you continue notice any sluggishness or issues, please let us know. Thank you for your patience, sympathy, words of encouragement, and continued support. It meant a lot to all of us!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE DEC 7, 9:17 P.M. PST -

All – A quick update on the outage.  We are close to a resolution.  We have started testing Fusion in our internal staging environment.  Once we are sure everything works, we will go live and bring Fusion online. I know this has been very painful for all of you and all of us in the fusion team feel your pain.  I really appreciate your patience as we work the problem.  Once we get thru this and you are all up and running, I will update you on the work we are doing and are doubling down to make Fusion resilient and more importantly make sure that you have access to your data all the time.

In case you are wondering what the current issue is why it is taking so long to address it, here are the details.  Fusion 360 is a network of services and one such service is what we call ACM (Access Control Manager) Service.  The purpose of ACM is to govern project level access to all data resources (items, projects, folders…) and its derivatives (views, comments, …).  We periodically optimize our Fusion Item Access Control Database, based on changing application needs and usage of ACM.  An optimization done on Dec 6 made calls to ACM getting locked up in the database and never return. Ultimately, we had to bring our ACM service down to roll back the changes and make sure all the services operate normally.  It is an involved effort and hence the delay.

Prabakar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE DEC 7, 11:05 A.M. PST - We are now estimating to have the outage resolved by 1pm PST.  I will keep this thread updated if anything changes.  Thanks for your continued patience.

UPDATE DEC 7, 7:19 A.M. PSTWe are making progress on battling the outage. We have been having issues with our Access Control System that governs project level access to all data resources (items, projects, folders...) and its derivatives (views, comments, ...) in Fusion for creators and collaborators.

Our Operations and Engineering Team is engaged ferociously since midnight Dec 6 to address this issue. We expect a speedy resolution of this issue soon.

Right now we just deployed a banner in-product that will take you into offline mode if you haven't already done so. More details to come, and again apologies for the downtime.

Hey all, 

We are experiencing an outage that is impacting all data access interactions.  These include but not limited to Open, Save, Upload, Export and Viewing. We recommend that you work in offline mode for the time being. We are working actively to correct the problem and will update this thread once it is resolved.  We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

You can also keep track of the status via the health dashboard

Here's how to switch to offline mode to continue working while we dig into the issue. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...

If you restarted Fusion without going into offline mode before, it may seem like fusion is hanging at the launch screen. Wait a few minutes and you should be able to get in. As soon as you get in, switch to offline mode. Then you should be good to go while we fix the downtime.

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

161 REPLIES 161
Message 21 of 162
andersEQHR7
in reply to: rumpelstielz

Yes i know that It was an understatement. 🙂

But if you are on the same computer that you where working from you should have the file's in Offine mode. Under preferences you can tell Fusion how many days you should have offline cache. I have set it to 100 days

Anders T
Message 22 of 162

But maybe we get some fancy CAM and Simulation features in the next update... *cynical *blackhumor

Message 23 of 162
Anonymous
in reply to: rumpelstielz

I'm not nearly as desperate as many people in this thread but this is fairly annoying.

I like the ability to be able to access my projects from any computer, though I always thought this was a weakness of the system, completely reliant on autodesk servers.

Would be great if they could add in an option to always save files to the computer you're working on as well as the cloud, like a couple of people already suggested.

Is there an ETA on when this might be fixed? would be great to know if I should give up on Fusion for the rest of the day, really hope it's not going to be any longer than that.

Message 24 of 162

@MartinMajewski

@MartinMajewski wrote:

But maybe we get some fancy CAM and Simulation features in the next update... *cynical *blackhumor

Or make other operating systems incompatible in the next update? *even more cynical black humor* 

(In case you wondered, the last update made windows 8 incompatible..., ask me how I found out)

Message 25 of 162
rmull
in reply to: keqingsong

So with this Outage, I need to work in Offline mode. This is fine, except I need to import a rhino file from a collaborator who has e-mail me the file.

How do I import the file? I can't find an option to do so in Offline mode.

Message 26 of 162
NYC_CNC
in reply to: rmull

Work offline lets you access files that were opened within a certain period (30 days?) on THAT same computer.  It does not allow you to import files such as STEP, IGS, etc.  You can only "open" F3D files (e.g. Fusion's file format).   

Message 27 of 162

@arnou-verfaillie wrote:

@MartinMajewski

@MartinMajewski wrote:

Or make other operating systems incompatible in the next update? *even more cynical black humor* 

(In case you wondered, the last update made windows 8 incompatible..., ask me how I found out)

You mean the "does not work anymore at all", and not just "works sluggish, unpredictable and unstable, so that you cannot get an efficient workflow" -kind of incompatible?

Message 28 of 162
Anonymous

Whoops. I'm only seeing this after re-installing Fusion 360. Thought my PC was the root cause until I realize it's still the same after re-installation. Guess I'll have to be patient and wait for it.

Message 29 of 162
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: NYC_CNC

@NYC_CNC

"It does not allow you to import files such as STEP, IGS, etc.  You can only "open" F3D files (e.g. Fusion's file format)."

This is not true, you CAN open STEP, IGS, ect.Untitled.png

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 30 of 162

@MartinMajewski wrote:

@arnou-verfaillie wrote:

@MartinMajewski

@MartinMajewski wrote:

You mean the "does not work anymore at all", and not just "works sluggish, unpredictable and unstable, so that you cannot get an efficient workflow" -kind of incompatible?

@MartinMajewski

Yes that exact kind of incompatible... And because of a problem with my Win8 (never buy first versions of an OS) I can't update to 8.1 or 10. So I'm now working with a virtual Windows10 (VMWare)... Works awesome! (<-- lies)

(I'm also working on my master thesis 😉 )

Message 31 of 162
NYC_CNC
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

I stand corrected!  Thank you for correcting me and I apologize for the misstatement.  

Message 32 of 162
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: NYC_CNC

@NYC_CNC

No need to apologize, I just wanted to make sure that you and everyone else knew they could open the files. Smiley Happy

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 33 of 162
Anonymous

Does anyone know if Fusion 360 is back up online?

Thanks

Message 34 of 162
arnou-verfaillie
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

It is not.

Message 35 of 162
Anonymous
in reply to: arnou-verfaillie

@arnou-verfaillie thanks a lot!

Message 36 of 162
Anonymous
in reply to: andersEQHR7

I agree with you guy's. It is not a very good solution this cloud thing. One simple solution that could be quite easily implemented would be that all of your own file's always was downloaded to the computer that you are currently working from. In that way you would always be able to work offline. Just my thoughts..

I agree with the point (above ^) saying all files should be always automatically downloaded. At least the user should be able to turn on automatic download for recently used files and allocate a specific space in the hard disk for this continuous operation.

I am working on the same file throughout this week and it is only a few MBs. I can understand that there might be outages and I won't have the file across all my devices all the time, but at least the machine I use for editing this file should always have it. Please seriously consider this.

Message 37 of 162
Ronthomp

I just checked the Health Dashboard via the link. It says "Currently working as expected". This is wrong, as mine has no read access.

Ron Thompson
Titusville, FL USA
Message 38 of 162
sharmstr
in reply to: Ronthomp

Ronthomp, For me its says its down For Fusion 360, Lifecycle and Team.

Message 39 of 162
CarlM89

Go figure. I was going to work from home on a project started at work. That's now impossible. Please consider moving to a full syncing cloud. Where all (or all recent) files are synced to all signed in devises so full functionality is maintained even when the server goes down. Just like proper cloud storage like Dropbox and google drive. That would save all of use a great deal of pain. Additionally, people with slow connections will be able to access, save, and import files in a timely manner.

Message 40 of 162
ARTHUR-HM

Man this is frustrating. My shop is filled with a bunch of anti-technology old machinists who hate the cloud. This is definitely not helping. 

I fought tooth and nail to switch our shop over to fusion. If this keeps happening, the cranky old guys will win. Their needs to be a better system in place for when this happens. Or better yet, give us an option to use a much more stable server to sync with, like dropbox or something. Let us utilize our own cloud if you can't keep yours up during peak business hours.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report