Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset or manually move a Sketch's centre point?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
t_smith5
673 Views, 6 Replies

Reset or manually move a Sketch's centre point?

Hi

Is it possible to move/edit a Sketch's centre point? One part of my Sketch has the Sketch Point in the centre, but I offset the same circular shape and the centre Sketch Point is slightly above it. Is it possible to edit these and re-position them? Maybe, like with Constraints, get it to snap to the other one?

I did delete the outer one and re-offset it again, which now no longer has another Sketch Point in the centre. But I was just wondering if it can be fixed through a Constraint or tool? I've attached the Sketch in question...

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: t_smith5

A couple of Coincident sketch constraints will do the trick.  Normally you would sketch the circles on the origin when you are creating them.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
g-andresen

Hi,

If you say what sketch you are talking about and which elements should be mapped to each other and how, there is a chance of giving a useful answer.

günther

Message 4 of 7
t_smith5
in reply to: g-andresen

If you load up the attached file, it's the only Sketch that's active/visible. I just forgot to turn off the Components. The area with two Sketch Points in the centre is the centre rectangle shape.

Message 5 of 7
g-andresen

Hi,

An illustrated screenshot would make it much easier to see the situation.

günther

Message 6 of 7
davebYYPCU

Not fully defined, you get unexpected results.

Another way to control circles and arcs is Concentric.  Clicking any two circular articles can be made concentric, (common / coincident centre points).  

I your case making both circles coincident / concentric where they are now, one has to move to the other, it’s 50/50 which one does the moving, should be the first selected moves but in my time, Fusion would move the wrong one most of time, unless one is fully constrained.  (In your case, a black and then blue circle, the black one stays put.)

Might help.....

Message 7 of 7
t_smith5
in reply to: jhackney1972

Sorry for replying late to this. But thank you. That does the trick nicely. 😄

Also, I wouldn't worry about that separate piece - that's just something I was working on at the time when I noticed those centre points being unaligned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report