Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering model with it's dimensions (Measurement)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1049 Views, 2 Replies

Rendering model with it's dimensions (Measurement)

Hello people

In those recent days I've been trying many ways to export a fusion360 model with it's dimensions rendered together with the model. I want, then, to import it to a certain program and have the dimensions from Fusion360 kept. Is there any way to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mavigogun
in reply to: Anonymous

That depends on the format- some don't include scale data; in such cases, consider including a unit block in the design- say, a cubic inch or centimeter -to use for adjusting the model scale in the target program.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mavigogun

Let me give some more informations then, the target program is enTiTi (AR program) and as a matter of tool plethora, it is very limited... the best I can do there is put 3d text manually on each model but it is too inefficient and time-wasting.

Now about the formats. I am not sure which of those are convertable via Fusion360 but I use .fbx format. Some more formats are Collada (.dae) OBJ(.obj) and STL(.stl)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report