Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant finish form

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
599 Views, 1 Reply

Cant finish form

Hi, I'm new to fusion and have had no previous CAD experience and have been relying solely on youtube videos/internet articles to do this project. I have completed my form, however it won't let me finish it. I have tried more or less everything i have found on the internet - and i've tried the repair body button, but none have worked. I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me here as this has taken nearly as long as designing the form.error.pngForm.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The topology for the TSpline model is preventing conversion. If you use the repair function it will show you the model is riddled wit star points. Star points are points where you have three edges coming together or more than 4. This creates either triangles or n-gons. While you need star points to build complex geometry you should always strive to have as few as possible.

I don't think it will be easy to fix this model since it has a lot of star points, triangle faces and N-gon faces. The work flow for TSpline modeling is the same as polygon modelers. I would suggest watching some videos on topology from Modo/Maya/3DS max to help you better understand topology. Ideally your mesh would be all quad faces, no triangles or n-gons.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report