Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Part of circle

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ludwig9GUSA
459 Views, 10 Replies

Remove Part of circle

Hello everybody,

I'm really new to Fusion360 and finished/printed my first design. But I need to remove a part of a circle that holds the construction on a wooden stick. I did it after printing with a tool, but I want to implement this to my design in Fusion. How can I remove the section of the circle (should be 90°)? I attached two Images, one of the printed Part, how it should look like and one of the current design in Fusion (both top-down view). I hope someone can help me.

Best regrads

Tags (3)
Labels (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wersy
in reply to: ludwig9GUSA

Message 3 of 11

@ludwig9GUSA 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

There is no need to trim the sketch to get your geometry.

Message 4 of 11
g-andresen

Hi,

no trim needed

günther

Message 5 of 11

sorry for the late reply, but here is the f3d file

Message 6 of 11
ludwig9GUSA
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks for this way, unfortunatly this don't work because I already have extruded the sketch and nothing changes at the extrusion, when I follow the steps

Message 7 of 11
g-andresen

Hi,

just add the profile

günther

Message 8 of 11
etfrench

If you're in Direct Modeling mode instead of Timeline mode, simply Extrude/Cut that section from the original.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
ludwig9GUSA

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when I try to apply the Symmetry tool, I get this Error: "Failed to solve. Please try revising dimensions or constraints." What need I do to solve this?

Message 10 of 11
ludwig9GUSA

also I don't understand how you change the angle at the end with the sketch Dimension tool. If I open your file I can do ith when I long press the left mouse button, while applying the tool, but with my original file that doesn't work. What can I do so it works in my file and I could possilbe change the angle?

Message 11 of 11
g-andresen

Hi,

@ludwig9GUSA wrote:

also I don't understand how you change the angle at the end with the sketch Dimension tool.

In sketch 3, I first added 2 lines at arbitrary angles and arranged them symmetrically to a vertical line.
Then I dimensioned the angle between the lines (90 deg).

Günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report