Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations on how to super empose a emblem

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
8537 Views, 12 Replies

Recommendations on how to super empose a emblem

I was asked by a friend to help him with the cub scouts emblem. He would like to me to make the emblem 4"x4"x1.75". My question is I just started using Fusion 360 and i really do not know how to 3d contour this. Could someone help me with one and then I can then try the others. Thanks.

http://www.scouting.org/Home/Marketing/Brand/logos/Programs/cubscouting.aspx
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You are in the wrong software forum: go over here to ask about your software http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360/ct-p/1234
Message 3 of 13
PhilProcarioJr

@Anonymous

I would download an svg file from the internet, import that and scale it to the size you need and extrude the geometry.

I made a video but it has to upload so when its done I will post it.

I have also attached the svg and Fusion file to this post, but I did not scale it to the correct size.

To open the file click File -> New Design From File and select the file I posted here.

Untitled.png

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 4 of 13

@Anonymous

If you want to cut the logo out of something it can be done like this:

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 5 of 13

@Anonymous

You can use a free app called Inkscape to convert an image into an svg.

You can get Inkscape here:

https://inkscape.org/en/

Video of image conversion:

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

Wow, thank you for all the step-by-step. So if I want the extrude to be more like a hill or gradual would I filet? Again thank you for everything. More help than I thought I was going to get.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you for the help. That helps me greatly. I did not realize Inkscape did that. I thought it was just another paint program.
Message 9 of 13
PhilProcarioJr

@Anonymous

To make it more domed there is another step you will need to do, I will make a video when I get home.

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you for all that have responded to my question.  I am now wandering how I am going to do the toolpathing.  From my experience with V-carve I would basically use a 2D drawing and tell each pass what to do.  With doing the drawing in Fusion 360 this way how would I program the code.  I know Fusion is way better that is why I am trying to learn this.  Is it better to do all the constraints in the cad and then use a clearing tool and then change to a fine ball nose to finish.  Thanks for all the help everyone.

Message 11 of 13
PhilProcarioJr

@Anonymous

As far as the CAM goes look here at the tutorials and then if you need help come back with specific questions and we will help.

As far as the top goes I think this is what your asking for:

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 12 of 13
cmoher3

Disregard previous post ... my bad ... those lines are in the original JPG. Just now trying to figure out how to break it up along those seams for 3D printing.

Message 13 of 13

Thank you. The video has been a great help. Unable to unmute the sound though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report