Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Save" without version creation / "Save as" via shortcut

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
fabian_dieterichVA5Z6
40 Views, 0 Replies

"Save" without version creation / "Save as" via shortcut

Two questions about saving:
What happened to the 7 year old wish to introduce a Quicksafe option in Fusion that does not create a version?

(https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-archived/quick-save-button/idi-p/6885301)

I would also like to decide for myself when Fusion creates a dedicated version. Especially when working with external references, where constant saving of the derived files is absolutely necessary so that all referenced files can be updated, I find Fusion's operating concept bulky:
_ the prompt to request a version name discourages smooth working.
_ the separation of ‘updating’ and ‘version creation’ by cmd+S, which I find unclean, makes the provision of versioning for older files with hundreds of versions simply unusable.
_ ... and what is the operating concept for using ‘milestones’ in this context?

Also incomprehensible to me:
In almost all programmes I know (except Fusion) it is possible to create a ‘duplicate’ of the current file in the same directory with a different name using the shortcut cmd/ctrl + shift + S. Why not with Fusion?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report