Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"move, Joint" command unexpected UI - axes out of sync

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dean.dekovic_gideon.brothers
718 Views, 3 Replies

"move, Joint" command unexpected UI - axes out of sync

Hi,
"SEE ATT"

I suppose this is not a bug and has to do with the components coordinate system and transformation of movement from local to global CS. It is also present when using the "joint" command. But when I have to redo and correct this action more times a day, anger grows and some forum action is needed. 

This component on the picture has been rotated and now when I move it in Y global the Z distance grows. (this happens also when using "joint" command)

So the visual clue ( global coordinate system) is not in sync with the arrows and distances the user can move. 

A good way to solve this problem would be to name the axes/handles/arrows/planes that the user can click and move. 
Please make this usable, this is "core functionality" (that means it doesn't need a post in the Ideastation but immediate action) and personally, it drives me crazy. 

Best regards,
Dean

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

We have that function already, called Set Pivot, when realigned, don't forget to confirm the change with the green tick box.SetPvt.PNG

Message 3 of 4

Agree, but still we don't know which white transparent arrow is connected whit which axis. I didn't explain very well from the beginning, sorry. 

See att to see what I mean. 

Thanks,
Dean

Message 4 of 4

I usually pull it a little in the direction I want I to move in and then simple watch which field changes it's value and then edit that filed to the desired value.

It would be nice if the move handle axes would be colored and the respective fields would be colored equivalently.

It would even be nicer if it would be possible to turn on/off labelling of these axes so people with visual impairments also have a chance of using Fuiosn 360

These things are the reason for my comment in this thread!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report