Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put and maintain flat pattern in a drawing

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
11851 Views, 9 Replies

Put and maintain flat pattern in a drawing

Hi all,

I was working on a part and I created the flat pattern then I closed it.

Now I've a drawing with 4 views but miss the flat pattern view: how can I insert the flat pattern?

I can't find any radio button or something similar to show that view!

And also, how can I replace the standard isometric or trimetric view with one view viewed from another free angle?

Thanks a lot.

Marco

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, when you create your base view in Drawings, select your flat pattern from the Representation dropdown in the Create dialog:

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 12.46.32 PM.png

To place a view with a custom view orientation, create a Named View in the Model workspace, and then that Named View will be available from the Orientation list in the same Create View dialog in Drawings.

Best,

Timera

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Hi Timera.

So easy?

Please let my try tomorrow... Ummm... I did as you write, but I can't find any representation of flat patterns if I remember we'll.

I will try for sure.

Thank you

Marco

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Dear Timera,

as in the following pictures, I don't have the flat pattern item in the dropdown menu. However, I create the flat pattern for the sheet metal.

FlatPatternOK.jpgNoFlatPattern.jpg

How can I do?

Thanks a lot

Marco

Message 5 of 10
WestonMFG

I've also experienced this same problem with a few sheet metal parts. I've seen plat patterns work in drawings before but the last couple of parts I wanted to do drawings of the flat patterns I had to go in and create a sketch of projected geometry on the flat pattern design then export that as a DXF then make a new part in the scene as a flat version then make a drawing of that. It is a terrible workaround, but it works in a pinch.

Message 6 of 10
HughesTooling

If I try and create a new base view in an existing drawing I don't get the option for flat pattern but if I go back to the sheet metal workspace and right click the component with the flat pattern I get the option there. It looks like the best plan if you want flat and bent in the same drawing is to create the drawing using the flat pattern first then add a base view of the model.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10

Try this go back to the sheetmetal workspace, right click the component and select create drawing.  On the drawing dialog select your existing drawind and sheet.

Clipboard05.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks Mark!

It works great... but for autodesk team: I guess it's a bug!

Thanks again, Mark

Regards

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks Mark! It seems that this is still an issue.

Message 10 of 10
ruddyrid

First, select the Component you'd like to insert a flat pattern of and 'Create Drawing':

1.jpg

Then choose Flat Pattern for 'Representation':

2.jpg

Then, to insert the pattern into an existing drawing, change the Drawing Destination from 'Create New' to the file you wish to insert it to:

3.jpg

Lastly, you can select the sheet you want to insert the Flat Pattern into, or create a new sheet:

4.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report