Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF User Manual for Fusion 360 [Ultimate]

190 REPLIES 190
SOLVED
Message 1 of 191
Anonymous
406658 Views, 190 Replies

PDF User Manual for Fusion 360 [Ultimate]

Is there, or could I suggest, a PDF User Manual for Fusion360. The easiest way to learn is to have a printed document by ones side, so that you can read and type at the same time. The video instructions provided are first class but it can be very distracting if you are flitting between the two continuously and makes for slow progress.

Thank You.

LJ

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
190 REPLIES 190
Message 121 of 191
dellavecchia
in reply to: Anonymous

Agreed - you should be covered by the ADA act

Message 122 of 191
daniel_lyall

@ @Anonymous What post number are you trying to download from is it posted 65 or from post 93 if it is this one you would have to contact the poster directly. I put a copy of post 65 in my one drive for you.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArvIOqN0VOiNmF9tHupGSxq4fa0M

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 123 of 191
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

….can't follow the videos because I'm DEAF.   Not fair!

I have warned Autodesk about this going back at least 4 yrs.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 124 of 191
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Hello @TimeraAutodesk  the link https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue29c9141/shares/public/SH7f1edQTb515c761e12e3a50ab9cda319    was restricted area can you please share it with me.

Thanks in advance.

Message 125 of 191
Anonymous

Thank you for the Information. Its very helpful.

Message 126 of 191
mavigogun
in reply to: dellavecchia

@dellavecchia wrote:
Agreed - you should be covered by the ADA act

You are mistaken- the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 offers workplace and public accommodation and discrimination protections- it does not require private service and product providers to accommodate- such as furnishing close captioning in instruction videos or sign language speaking baristas.   It may be the ACA should be expanded to include products and services; some have suggested the Telecommunications provision might be stretched to cover information technologies.

Message 127 of 191
Anonymous

Hi Timera,

I cant access the link for the zip file for the exercises or sample files.

I am really excited to learn more and be able to use it with ease in the future.

Many thanks for the help

Message 128 of 191
m.koster

Hello Timera,

I know this is an old post, but would you have a more recent version of the training material provided below? The link to the dataset file is also broken 🙂

Thanks a lot!

Marco

Message 129 of 191
len.whitehead
in reply to: m.koster

Hey Marco -

Just a quick note to let you know that those links have expired and that much of the content has been moved into the Product Documentation: https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-1C665B4D-7BF7-4FDF-98B0-AA7EE12B5AC2. This is the site that contains descriptions of the workspaces, task descriptions, concepts, general usage, and troubleshooting. We update content on this site with every release.

There are other resources as well that you might find useful -

Thanks!

Len

Message 130 of 191
HansenJC
in reply to: len.whitehead

@len.whitehead  Both of the links you have posted in this comment are not searchable PDFs. The entire purpose of this discussion is to identify the value of a PDF document and the time consuming wasteful nature of having videos presented as the primary tool for finding information about how to use a software product. Videos are a profound waist of time because they are not indexed, nor are they searchable.

The Fusion 360 videos are linear and have no linked index. Videos actually can be indexed and linked. Try it. You will like it.

Catalog and index the videos, and that would be an improvement. But it will still be inferior to a searchable PDF document.

Message 131 of 191
len.whitehead
in reply to: HansenJC

@HansenJC Please note that the first link, while not a pdf, is a searchable help system that is primarily text based. 

Message 132 of 191
m.koster

Hi Len,

Thanks for the links, but would you not have also links to written documentation, such as PDF and HTML material that follows the same pattern of the expired documents from some years ago?

As many have already indicated, videos are nice but are not indexable and cannot be used for making notes, for quicker reference, etc.

Thanks again,

Marco
Message 133 of 191
len.whitehead
in reply to: m.koster

@m.koster  - This site, https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-1C665B4D-7BF7-4FDF-98B0-AA7EE12B5AC2, is a text-based, html site that is the direct descendant of the early training material. 

Thanks,

Len

Message 134 of 191
HansenJC

Len,

The flaw in the system used on the URL to which you linked is the conceptual
way the document is written and presented and the search tool used by that
site. Let us say we enter the word "Assemblies" and wanted a definition and
a little deeper knowledge about Assemblies, the search tool returns 632
results IF we filter for only the items in product documentation.
https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?query=Assemblies
<>rce=Product%20Documentation> &knowledgeSource=Product%20Documentation If we
fail to filter for only the documentation we get a whopping 3081 results.
Maybe we only want the definition which might return a few variations for
"Assemblies". There is just no way to use search tools efficiently like
this. Nor is the underlying product documentation structured for ease of
use.

Message 135 of 191
Anonymous

zip file of all the sample files associated with each Module is restricted so I can't download it!

Now what ?

Message 136 of 191
Anonymous
in reply to: daniel_lyall

The comment that making a manual is too big and would need constant revision is FUNNY!

CAD engineer expresses business wisdom. Will that make money or just add to overhead?

The real world does not compute, it functions with people. Anyone learning complex tasks has two options at being competent quickly. 1. the traditional way of having a master hover and teach a student while producing a lot of poor quality scrap. 2. A BOOK that tells you what the system/machine/procedure/formula is and how to check it in process, what's important. The reason is simple. People are good at picking what they need out of a lot of stuff just by looking at it. Both examples require a person to sort through a lot of data to find just one aspect. Who gets to do that is the only difference... oh, and how much scrap they make along the way.

Its why two generations old of tech using CAM can still out perform RAM; or perhaps you will see it more clearly with: why parallel data transfer is more efficient than serial data transfer.

A short personal story. I managed a small product line for HP in Singapore from California, about $40M/year at the time. The delinquencies every month were running 10-20%.

With two books in two months I mastered MRP and Excel (at the time it was a new program that was beginning to impact profit analysis). I produced an MRP tracking system that took those delinquencies to less than 1/10 of a percent per month run on a pc, which had less computing power than your phone. They used it to manage the production for over 10 years. (way past having commercial options that would have fully automated the process mostly because the workers were more important than profits, which were better because of the customer satisfaction).

In parallel there was a consultant building a main frame, big business custom solution to the same problem, which did not solve the problem, but it did deliver the management reports that were needed to predict profits. So, a person used the MRP system on a pc to upload the data into the management system on the main frame. Presumably, with the management better informed, dealing with the delinquencies... and planning strategies were going to fix the problem. It took just two months with a book something that took a year of consulting time that didn't solve the problem. The recovered delinquencies paid for the consultants... a win-win? The improvement was immediate and long term.

Would Autodesk like to see their market double in months or years?

Consider the market. 1/2 of businesses fail in 2 years. If it takes two years to learn F360 in a painful, full of failures method, what are the odds that F360 will participate in that process? The current method is exponentially limiting its penetration into the market, when the solution to exponentially expand your market is screaming at you from people who know how effective the right approach can be.

The need will not go away. And, it is a barrier to entry that is available to expand the market acceptance. One that Autodesk is imposing on itself...

The team you put together to make and keep current the BOOK, even an eBOOK that is easily printable, would produce more return quicker than any other solution your current team of apple polishers can do by adding a one keystroke fix to making all the fillets and chamfers in proportion to each other.

And your engineering analysis is correct, that one fix would mean a near total rewrite of multiple sections of the book... But, that's what "big data" is all about... a program could easily comprehensively identify all the connecting points and present them to a good editor for review and revision that makes sense... An editor who knows how people learn and how they search to get to the solutions. (not yet integrated into an AI).

If you wanted to take the easy way out... I don't recommend this. You could issue a version of F360 that will represent the learning bench. Don't change a thing. Then keep current the "improvements manual" as the step to the latest to the hour version of F360. I doubt the investment for this approach will do anything for your costs and it opens the door to a competitive target for competing with you for emerging markets.

It could be a long term investment, or massively hit it with consultants and keep the best of the best core for the long term support. The financial analysis in developing new markets that have been identified as 1. Huge. 2. Not a fad. and 3 will continue to proliferate as long as people are replaced by automation... All point to solid reasons for getting an Instruction MANUAL out ASAP.  This thread is 3 years old... pitiful.

Of course, you can pretend that people are like vending machines... You have to put everything into them one at a time... and they will continue to look for an alternative, or give up in frustration and never look back. 

The future is yours to lose.

B

Message 137 of 191
daniel_lyall

Do it then.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 138 of 191
Anonymous

DEAR SIR ,

THIS IS VERY MUCH USEFUL AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND ,FOR ANIMATION IF U SHEN THE LINK THAT ALSO WILL BE USEFUL SIR

THANK YOU

DURKESH.N

Message 139 of 191
Anonymous

Video link is not valid.

Message 140 of 191
mei019230

How does one get access to the zip files? I am currently logged in with my Autodesk login but am still getting the "you don't have permission" error. I can open the .pdf files, just not the zip files.

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report