Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF User Manual for Fusion 360 [Ultimate]

190 REPLIES 190
SOLVED
Message 1 of 191
Anonymous
404250 Views, 190 Replies

PDF User Manual for Fusion 360 [Ultimate]

Is there, or could I suggest, a PDF User Manual for Fusion360. The easiest way to learn is to have a printed document by ones side, so that you can read and type at the same time. The video instructions provided are first class but it can be very distracting if you are flitting between the two continuously and makes for slow progress.

Thank You.

LJ

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
190 REPLIES 190
Message 181 of 191
chandel.eklavya2011
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree... A single user doc in pdf form is more useful than unrelated html versions. Even htmll versions need to be updated when changes are made to interface. Why cant they generate a single pdf and maintain it. Nowadays its so easy to generate pdf from word, html and all sort of formats.... Dont understand wh they are so reluctatnt !!!!

A pdf I can put my own highlights, annotations etc which is impossible on html pages

Message 182 of 191

How come I can't access the downloads in item 1 and 3?

Message 183 of 191

@mtaylor7KHWS3 wrote:

How come I can't access the downloads in item 1 and 3?

@mtaylor7KHWS3 
This is an ancient thread in terms of “software years”.

There are numerous books available on Amazon that cover basic Fusion topics.

Of course anything beyond the basics could become obsolete in as little as 6-8 weeks.

After going through the built-in learning resources (linked upper right corner of your Fusion interface) I recommend that anytime you have a question that you simply start a new discussion thread here (include image and actual *.f3d file if possible).  Most questions are answered within hours and often within minutes of posting. This “collaboratory environment “ is probably the most efficient technique to learn multiple valid solutions to any Fusion use issue.  (Where Collaboratory = Collaboration Laboratory)

Message 184 of 191

it has been a long time since I participated in this discussion but I thought now would be a good time to jump back in and restate my view on this topic.

If the model for support and training that is currently being used by Autodesk were applicable to other parts of our life, here is how it would look. There would be no textbooks. There would be no schools. It would just be people looking for a job and once they had an employer who was willing to take a chance on them they would just go to work and ask around how to get things done. When they didn't know whether to turn the nut left or right they would call out to a buddy across the way and ask "how do I get this apart?", and the buddy working at the next station would holler back to him: "Righty Tighty, Lefty Lucy".

You see? There's no need for a PDF on that question. There is no need for text books or public libraries, or elementary schools, or high school, or college, now is there? We can just go to work and pick up our knowledge and refine our skills by asking our friends whenever we have a question.

Message 185 of 191
stphstrydom

Well, I have read some of this content on PDF manual and all I can say is that for someone like me who is deaf this video tutorials are about 98% useless.

Message 186 of 191
junkXE2AD
in reply to: dh.afnan

Dead link. Does this exist anywhere else?
Thanks
Message 187 of 191
singar143vel

Message 188 of 191
singar143vel

Singaravel

Student 

Message 189 of 191
singar143vel

Well, I have read some of this content on PDF manual and because of I'm starting first time.

Message 190 of 191
dellavecchia
in reply to: singar143vel

where is the link to the PDF manual?

Message 191 of 191
terryHCEB7
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Very few of these links are active any longer, maybe its time to update the list?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report