Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pasten sketch goes on another coordinate

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
511 Views, 5 Replies

Pasten sketch goes on another coordinate

Hi there. I am trying to copy a sketch but it pastes on a different position than the original one, why does it do it?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you make a screencast of what you're seeing. Only thought is is the original geometry in another sketch and you're pasting between 2 sketches.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

can you show us this behavior in a screencast?

When I copy elements from sketch and paste them, they appear at same place, what doesn´t make sense.

Then I have to move them to new position.

günther

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

It didn't insert the screencast because it's only accessible with link, it seems. Here it is:

https://autode.sk/2FYT95J

Message 5 of 6
HughesTooling

Well as I thought you are copying from one sketch into another so hard to say without seeing the design. Can you Export your design as an f3d and attach. Don't use the share links, they're a waste of time.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Unfortunately it seems I don't have that state of the workflow saved. Thanks for the input tho!

Actually I have gone ahead of this making adjustements based with other constrains, so the real problem I have yet is the one in the following topic, which is still related to this one:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/copying-sketches-lines-disables-surface-wh...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report