Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter change is not updating projection in sketch

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rosolam
339 Views, 6 Replies

Parameter change is not updating projection in sketch

I have a body that has a wall with parameterized thickness.  I have a sketch on the face of this body that has constraints on the boundaries of this wall.  When I adjust the parameter for the wall thickness the body changes but the sketch is still constrained on the projection of the body from before the parameter was changed.  See video for details.

Video posted in comment below, forum is preventing me from inserting here (Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rosolam
in reply to: rosolam

My post is not allowing me to insert my screencast, here it is: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/7a8f046e-2312-4865-b675-1721bdeef863

Message 3 of 7
davebYYPCU

Green lines are fixed and locked, you need purple lines in that sketch for the body to do its thing.  No access to your file for sometime.

Might help....

Message 4 of 7
rosolam
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Hmm, wonder what I did that changed it from "purple" to "green".  If I create a new sketch I see the edges as purple so I suspect I started with it the right way.  As I zoom in and out on my existing sketch the lines seem to flip back and forth in color leading me to believe that they are both there overlapping.  I have deleted the green ones and updated my constraints to the purple ones and now it is working.

Thanks for your help and if you can think of something I may have been doing wrong that will help me prevent this in the future let me know.

Thanks!

Michael

Message 5 of 7
jeff_strater

FYI - the purple lines are "projected".  The green lines are "fixed".  The only way that I am aware for geometry to go from projected to fixed is if you use Redefine Sketch Plane to move the sketch from one plane to another.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 7
davebYYPCU

I am going to take an educated guess, 

you created the sketch on the face of the body, depending on the preferences you use for projections, you will Project the body outline and the profile associated with it, automatically, 

The body outlines - lines and curves - will not be displayed but are there, only the profile gets displayed.  

You likely Projected the duplicates, due to the original invisible ones are unknown to you.  

You likely changed the depth of the cabinet, and it’s possible that one set of lines were locked green by Fusion, due to the sketch plane being redefined in the process.

If that makes sense of your process, Ok,

but as stated I won’t get to the file for a while to check things for myself.

Might help....

Message 7 of 7
rosolam
in reply to: jeff_strater

I seem to recall I DID redefine the sketch plane early on for some reason (don't recall).  That makes good sense too, I will be more aware.  Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report