Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over-constrained sketch with no constraints

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Bendaehyunlee
190 Views, 4 Replies

Over-constrained sketch with no constraints

I am trying to change one side of the rectangle to be closer to the edge, but I am receiving the over constrained error. I have looked at lots of similar problems, but I don't have any constraints set on this shape at all. I am very new to Fusion, so this is probably my fault, but I can't find much online about this specific problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Drewpan
in reply to: Bendaehyunlee

Hi,

There are a number of constraints that I can see that fusion has automagically created. The little ruler icon and the

little triangle are equal and midpoint constraints. I can also see that some of the lines are black and some are blue.

The black lines will be constrained in some way and the blue ones are unconstrained.

Don't stress too much about being new. We all started somewhere and we are all still learning, you are just less far

down the road than some others. First thing we need to do is look at your model. Pictures are good but we can see

what you have done on the model. To Export your model go here and attach the file to your forum post.

Drewpan_0-1714953263848.png

I would strongly suggest looking at RULE #0, #1 and #2 that are pinned to the top of the forum. This will start you on

your learning. The documentation has embedded tutorials and the Self Paced Learning has step by step videos to get

you started. It is worth the time and effort to go through this stuff. Sketches and constraints are fundamental to good

modelling.

Cheers

Andrew

Message 3 of 5

Please attach the model in question.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 5
Bendaehyunlee
in reply to: Drewpan

Thanks for pointing out that triangle and those rulers. I was simply able to delete them, and my problem was solved. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: Bendaehyunlee

Hi,

The reason for the message:
The blue rectangle was connected with left upper corner to the center of a projected line.
The distance (as well as half of it) is already defined by the origin of the projection (sketch or solid).
This is the reason for the message.

If you have removed the midpoint constraint, the blue rectangle is still connected to the reference line via a coincident constraint but can be positioned using a dimension.

Günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report