Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob - Parameterized 45 degree braces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
499 Views, 2 Replies

Noob - Parameterized 45 degree braces

Coming from sketchup, I'm just trying to get into fusion. I designed a table in sketchup I'm trying to redo in fusion to take advantage of the parameterization. I've tried searching and watching lots of videos but can't quite find the help I need. This is what it looked like in sketchup.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 8.22.22 PM.png

This is what I have so far in fusion:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 8.23.27 PM.png

What I want to do is parameterize the gap between the top and bottom braces where if I adjust the parameter, the brace still connects the center post to the feet while maintaining a 45 degree angle. The problem is if I select the line tool and click a face on the center post, I can't seem to get the line to attach to any of the feet. I'm honestly not even sure where to go and any help, advice, tips, or tricks would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
laughingcreek
in reply to: Anonymous

advice-really study how to make sketches.  drive everything from well defined sketches.  take advantage of symmetry.  learn how to use components properly. learn how to use the time line.  don't use the primitives.  don't use move or align.   keep asking questions.

and take a look at attached.  every thing is driven from the first 2 sketches.  edit any dimension to make adjustments.  you might stay away from the ones with fx in front, at least at first.  those are being driven by other dimensions. 

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: laughingcreek

Seriously thanks for the help and the advice, it's really helped understand a lot more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report