Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Fusion 360; I want to convert a signature into a 2D sketch

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
638 Views, 2 Replies

New to Fusion 360; I want to convert a signature into a 2D sketch

Hi All, as the title states, I am new to Fusion 360 specifically, but not new to modeling and CAD systems. We have a scanned signature from one of my aunts that passed away this year, and I want to take that .jpg file and convert it into a 2D sketch in Fusion, with the eventual goal of milling this using dad's CNC router (wood materials).

I really don't know where to begin; I found a video on YouTube that shows how to import an image and draw over it, but I am really looking to see if there is any way to do it in a more automated fashion?

TIA!

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Haad_Ali
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous the importing of pic and draw according to its layout is the only way of getting your signature 2d sketch in fusion 360. But, if you have command over other software where you can make a replica of its signature very easily. then, import that sketch file to fusion 360 and create its projection to get your sketch within a second. That's the way that comes to my mind. 

Message 3 of 3
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

What you need is a vector graphic
Where do I get them?
1. load the pixel graphic (jpg..)e.g. in Inkcsape and convert it into a vector graphic.
There are also online tools for this on the net.
2. the vector graphic (SVG or DXF) is imported into Fusion
3. 2 D Contour or Trace is used in the Manufacture Environment to create the tool paths
4. a suitable post-processor is then used to generate the data for the machine

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report