Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New A360 Fusion Ultimate member needs help: Editing/Customizing Post Processor.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
755 Views, 3 Replies

New A360 Fusion Ultimate member needs help: Editing/Customizing Post Processor.

Hi Everyone,
I am a recent "convert" to A360 Fusion:Ultimate and continue to be amazed at the power and incredible value of thid product. Don't get me wrong, it's very different from my previous design software and has been quite a humbling experience thus far. Embarassingly enough, it seems there is something to that addage about "old dogs and new tricks."
In effort to give anyone willing to help an idea of how much (or how little) I understand regarding the CAM side of the story, here's a quick background on my experience;
-Having entered the CNC proramming/machinist world over 25 yrs ago, Fanuc contols (among other EIA/ISO controls) and a single seat of "EZ-CAM" continued to be the world I knew for just short of a decade. Nothing short of a miracle took place when we converted our shop, swiftly and completely, to EXCLUSIVELY Mazak machine tools. Designing in Solidworks and programming in Mazatrol nearly quadrupled our throughput! Life was great until a falling out with our Mazak dealer led me to make the statement "I will never buy another new Mazak if it must be purchased through you." As corporations protect distribution territories, we were faced with a change...
In an effort to test the waters before going "all in" on a new brand, I purchased a Mori Seiki NV5000a/40, that only had 174 hours on it, from a local company that was an "Okuma" shop. The employees refused to utilize the machine, becoming frustrated with the learning curve from their familiar Okuma format. Sadly, things weren't much different when the Mori came to our shop. After a year of virtually no production (in comparison to the Mazaks) Mr. Sawyer at Ellison Technologies came to our rescue. He helped us get the machine to accept downloaded programs. REJOICE...for we were no longer bound to the "devil" (AKA- Mori Seiki's MAPPS/CAPS control) !!!
Having been decades since my last interaction with an off-machine CAM system, I was stunned at the sheer volume of products, as well as the equally shocking range of pricing. After months of research and despair, Autodesk 360 Fusion Ultimate came to my attention. What a EUREKA moment! As I mention previously, I am (still) amazed at the incredible value it truly is. It's safe to say; I'm "all in." Anyone willing to provide such an incredible product at an unfathomable value has my loyalty.
Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated. I'm uncertain of the proper way to approach this task, or if it is even possible. Here goes...
I've noticed several anomoies when attempting to run code (after significant hand editing at the machine) that I get various alarms as well as very "jerky" motion that runs at far slower than programmed feed rates. Would it be possible to post a list of my parameters/"specialty parameters" provided in my Mori Seiki/Fanuc manuals in an effort to have someone who knows what options I do/do not actually have? Would this be of value in attempting to customize a post processor to take ful advantage of what I have, while not forcing the machine into doing something it wasn't optioned for?
Thank you to all who have taken the time to read my post. I would appreciate any and all suggestions and constructive critisism.

Kind Regards,
                                                                               Mykal1970

2003 Mori Seiki NV5000a/40
Control: MSG-501 (Fanuc 18iMB)

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/ProAxisEngineering/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Lemme try that link again; it was supposed to link to my photobucket album containing the parameters list.

http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/ProAxisEngineering/library/Mori%20Seiki%20NV5000a40?sort=3&page=1

Message 3 of 4
skidsolo
in reply to: Anonymous

The best way to fix this is to post a very simple prismatic part with a profile operation and some drilling and tapping. Post using the generic Fanuc post then make a note of specific errors the machine gives in alarm messages. Then add these notes to the NC file you generated and send all this to cam.posts@autodesk.com

Andrew W. Software engineer (CAM Post Processors)
Message 4 of 4
keqingsong
in reply to: skidsolo

I'm closing this thread because there seem to be a deeper conversation happening in the CAM topic. 
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/computer-aided-machining-cam/new-a360-fusion-member-needs-help-post-pr...

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report