Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Copy Multiple Features to a Different Part

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
adamBTUCU
311 Views, 5 Replies

Need to Copy Multiple Features to a Different Part

Hey all, EE here so be gentle.

I have a model that I struggled my way though and have it just how I want it but due to it not 3D printing exactly how I want I want to copy a reference plane, sketch and some features to a new part, then add some screws to connect them together after the fact, and I'm completely lost how to do this while maintaining all the right geometry and making the screws line up and such.

The part as-is is attached, and looks like this:

adamBTUCU_0-1723662135679.png

What I'm trying to do is take the cell phone holder looking part and it's legs and create a new part that's just those, while having two screws go up through the base into the legs.

This bit:

adamBTUCU_1-1723662231597.png

Any guides how to accomplish this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

For those more curious, this prints OK with supports but the bottom cover part is a little messy and with the layer lines on the legs lining up horizontally it's not the strongest config. I think printing the bottom part on it's back and the top part on it's flat face then using two long thread forming screws per leg will result in a much better final product.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: adamBTUCU

I hope I am understanding your request.  You can see from the video I create a new component from the holder and the legs.  You can add the necessary holes and then use Assembly Joints to attach it to the base.  Make sure you activate Component 2 before adding any holes.  Model is attached,

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
laughingcreek

something like the attached? (i added the last 4 features in the timeline)

Message 4 of 6
adamBTUCU

Thank you both, I think both of you have pretty much the same idea. I have a lot to learn about Fusion. I'll dig into each a bit more tomorrow.

Here's another one: There's a sketch for the legs, I then extrude that with an offset to make the two legs evenly spaced out. The legs are snapped to the "phone holder" portion, but I can't figure out how to get the sketch constrained to the top of the lower cover portion:

adamBTUCU_0-1723670178554.png

EDIT: I guess it doesn't really matter much, since they're going to be two different components... Once I have the screw holes in I can join them using that.

Message 5 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

@adamBTUCU wrote:

I can't figure out how to get the sketch constrained to the top of the lower cover portion:

It makes no sense. 

@adamBTUCU wrote:

EDIT: I guess it doesn't really matter much, since they're going to be two different components...

But under this premise, you could do it with a projection.

günther

Message 6 of 6
adamBTUCU
in reply to: g-andresen

This is great. The intersect is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report