Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing holes at angle in technical drawings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RigelB
122 Views, 2 Replies

Referencing holes at angle in technical drawings

Hello there,

I am currently working on a technical drawing for one model with cylindrical wall in which there are 8 holes at 45° each - some of them having different diameters and distances from the edge of the cylinder (see the attached model).

What I am struggling with is how to create a technical drawing for such model as I can reference only the holes which are parallel to the viewing plane. What I would do typically would be to make view of each face (except the bottom in this case), and I would mark the center of each hole with its diameter and distance from the edge in all the perpendicular faces (front, right, left, back). However, that would mean that those 4 holes at 45° are not quoted.
Can someone please show me how to do the technical drawing for this piece properly, or at least give a hint on how to proceed?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bwalker145
in reply to: RigelB

I think any way may be a little messy, but my first two thoughts are:

1. As you mentioned, use the standard viewing planes. You can also create new "Named Views" to capture the holes on the 45° planes as well. (Edit: added named views image)

bwalker145_0-1723730936135.png

2. Top-down view to specify rotation about Z, and add section views to define hole distance to the bottom plane.

bwalker145_0-1723730471483.png

Message 3 of 3
RigelB
in reply to: bwalker145

This is incredibly helpful for me, thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report