Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Selection of short edges for Filleting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
frankVBVB4
196 Views, 3 Replies

Multi Selection of short edges for Filleting

I have a project where I am creating multiple screens meaning laser cutting complicated shapes. I the part as a tool to cut out the panel parts.

I need to put a fillet on hundreds of short edges, and it is taking me ages.

Looking for any ideas for easily selecting the edges.

I have attached the part so you can see what I mean.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wersy
in reply to: frankVBVB4

You can select all faces by selecting the upper area from the side with rectangle

wersy_0-1646854382342.png

wersy_1-1646854415748.png

Message 3 of 4
TrippyLighting

I would assume this was created from imported sketch geometry. That limits your options!

However, if you recognize the multiple patterns and symmetries of many of the objects, then I would actually only extrude and then fillet the seed parts and then pattern/mirror the filleted seed parts to get the full complete pattern. 

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
TrippyLighting

While @wersy is selecting the top faces, you can also select all the vertical edges, instead of faces.

If you open the fillet dialogue and with it open change the selection filter to only select body edges:

TrippyLighting_0-1646855544462.png

You can then box select (open the box from right to left) the vertical edges only.

If this isn't clear I can demonstrate it in a short screencast. 

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report