Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a body and linking it to a new body in a different componet

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
668 Views, 7 Replies

Moving a body and linking it to a new body in a different componet

Hai everyone.

Iam working on one of my first project in Fusion 360 and now am stuck on how to move a body from one componet and linking it to a new body in the other componet such that when i ground the moved body (pin) the other body should also be grounded at that point.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you been through any of the tutorials in the Support and Learning section ?

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Yes and this project is from same tutorial that am currently doing...the problem that am facing is, the version for Fusion 360 that am using is slightly different from the one in a tutorial.....probably it updated.

Chikuni

Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
TrippyLighting

What tutorial ?

Can you provide a link ?

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Learn Fusion 360: the basics, with Taylor Hokanson..... the link is a bit difficult for me to share its from linkedin..

Chikuni

Thank you

Message 6 of 8
TrippyLighting

If you can share your model that would probably help most.

I looked at the 1 minute into and I am not overly impressed!

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

ooooh ok let me do just that. ths project is one of Theo Jansen's animation work, they are two ground point but am failing to groud the other one hope the like will help 

thank you.

Chikuni

https://a360.co/2MLLCce

Message 8 of 8
TrippyLighting

The very first thing you should do is to fully dimension an constrain the very first sketch. As you can see this can change the geometry of all of your parts and should not be done by accident.

Unconstrined sketch.gif

The second thing I am noticing is that the first all components are created and then sketches in theses components are created, but the actual geometry in the component in not created until later. That can be done without adverse effects, but it does not really make any sense.

It also makes a design quite hard to read.

In the second sketch the holes have a fixed constraint applied, which is why they are shown in green. This also does not have any directly adverse effects but, again, this is unnecessary. Also applying fillets in the sketch and trimming is unnecessary and quicker to do on the solid.

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 1.00.57 PM.png'

Then the components and sketches for the linkages are created. The sketches 

are not referencing the sketch origin or other project references and don;t contain al necessary dimensions.

Not only is that incorrect in its entirety, but the existing base sketch - the second sketch at the top level in this design could have easily been utilized to do this correctly and much more efficiently.

In turn then as-built joint could have been used resulting in significantly fewer steps to create this assembly.

The next thing that caught my attention is how grounding has been applied.

1. It is applied too late in the process. The first component should have been grounded immediately after creation.
  2. The other ground operations appear to have been created because the parts move around when "regular" joints are applied and then later instead of deleting these unneeded ground operations from the timeline the parts are un-grounded resulting in even more unnecessary operations in the timeline. This could have been avoided when using as-built joints.

The little round pegs can also be designed in place and then rigid joined to one a triangle, or link. They don't need a revolute joint.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report