Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making curved slots around an axis

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1417 Views, 9 Replies

Making curved slots around an axis

Try as I may, Fusion 360 tutorials never seem to grasp my lack of CAD knowledge. Anyhow, the problem at hand is that im designing a part that requires a hole with 4 curved bolt holes areound it. This is so the shaft can go through the hole and the adaptor can be rotated (clocked) around for proper allignment. Here's a pic of what im trying to do, rendered in CAMBAM:

CAMBAM_ADAPTER.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
keqingsong
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey, thanks for reaching out. Are you looking for guidance to how to sketch this in Fusion 360 or are you looking for something else? 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: keqingsong

Hi, and yes im really wanting to learn this:)
Im looking for both actually. Ive become a CamBam wizard over the past few years but know I can do MUCH more with Fusion 360. Learning how to sketch something like this would be great.
Message 4 of 10
keqingsong

Gotcha. Here is a great video to get you started.

Let me know if you have more questions and I'll be glad to help. 

You can find more sketch related videos in the Sketch Playlist and other helpful tutorials and videos on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AutodeskFusion360/playlists

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 10
HughesTooling

I've attached a file with a fully parametric sketch to do the curved slots, just edit the 3 sizes and leave the dimension with fx alone. It's a bit difficult to explain, I do a screencast later.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10

Actually I would create only one of the slots in the sketch and create a feature pattern.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Would it be possible to replicate the slots in an array around a center?
Message 8 of 10
TrippyLighting

Yes, in Fusion 360 that is called a circular pattern to be foud in the "Create" menu.

An Array is a rectangular feature pattern.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

This has nothing to do with my question but I just have to add that you guys are the BEST! Not just in technical forums, in any of the communities ive been a part of over the past 15 years. Im new here but ive come to know I can count on you guys and (occasional) gals.

Thank you, in all sincerity.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: keqingsong

OK, so in this video he uses a circle tool at seemingle random points, then switches to a line tool that suddenly produces curves to make his profile. What kind of dark magic is this? It didnt work when I tried it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report