Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Independent

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
r_goulter
446 Views, 7 Replies

Make Independent

What is the equivalent command in the Parametric environment to the Make Independent command in the Direct environment?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jeff_strater
in reply to: r_goulter

there is no direct equivalent.  You can use Paste New instead of Paste at the time the instance is created, but there is no way to do this after the fact, in a parametric design.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 8
r_goulter
in reply to: jeff_strater

?Thanks Jeff, now I remember why I like Direct modelling.

Message 4 of 8
stiller.design

use Blender...lots of direct modeling 😉

Message 5 of 8
jeff_strater

I answered in a hurry yesterday.  Some background:  The reason it is not in the parametric environment is basically because it is hard to implement in a fully-general case.  If you have note made any modifications to the component, it would be theoretically possible to implement Make Independent, but once you start making geometry changes, it becomes very difficult to untangle those changes.  I suppose there is a quick and dirty alternative of making Make Independent a feature in the timeline, which would essentially do a Copy/Paste New of the component at that point in time, then Remove the original, but I suspect that is not what you really want.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 8
r_goulter
in reply to: jeff_strater

Thanks Jeff

Message 7 of 8

and "Paste New" is... where? 

Message 8 of 8

... found

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report