Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft failing when path end point is behind its profile plane

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chris.stobart
295 Views, 6 Replies

Loft failing when path end point is behind its profile plane

Hi,

I'm trying to make some wires in fusion 360 using the loft feature. They look really good and I can route them easily but I run into one peculiar issue when routing the path end point behind the starting profile plane. Its precisely at this point where it throws an error on generating the loft. I attached an image to further explain the issue.

Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Chrisfusion 360 issue.png 

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
davebYYPCU
in reply to: chris.stobart

Why use Loft for wires?  

You have a profile at the other end of the path, (not mentioned)?

Sweep would be the logical Tool, for single centre line path, or with a bit of outside the box thinking, Pipe tool.

Might help....

Message 3 of 7
chris.stobart
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Sorry, my mistake it is a sweep. 

Its just a peculiar problem when crossing the profile plane and this works really well outside of the one issue. 

Message 4 of 7

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 5 of 7

Here you go.

Message 6 of 7

When you change the end point, the "Distance" in the sweep dialogue resets to "0". If you set it back to "1" the sweep will succeed.

I'd consider that resetting to be a bug.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Even after setting the distance back to 1 it breaks the sketches and extrudes that follow it. That's rather inconvenient if you are routing wires into tricky places. 

My solution for now will be to set the profile plane deeper into the cable so I don't have to worry about this issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report