Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local download of project and all its contents???

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
LScheepers
10105 Views, 12 Replies

Local download of project and all its contents???

Is it possible to download an entire project file with all its contents (subfolders and fusion files)?

I know I can do this individually for each fusion file in a project, but with many files this is time consuming (especially when I need to go to an emailed link and cannot just direct download in bulk). I want to be able to make regular backups of my work for my self. There are many design files and hundreds of hours invested so just need to be safe.

Thanks for the help

Luke

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Muthinor
in reply to: LScheepers

Are you working Online?

when using Fusion 360 you need to login in (the first time) with your username and password.
Then, All your work (unless stated different) is uploaded to Autodesk Cloud. So, whenever you login into another PC, if you Login using your username and pass, you should have no problem at all retrieving Those files and folders.

On the other hand, if you saved them on Local onli (work offline Option), then all you need to do is open them and save them on the Cloud (just click save and it will automaticly save the project)

Message 3 of 13
LScheepers
in reply to: Muthinor

Yes I am working online.

I think you may have misunderstood my question / I didn't word it well.

I am happy to work from the cloud (which I am doing). But I want to make a backup of the project (Note the entire project not just a single fusion file). Is there a simple was to just save/download the entire project and its contents to my local drive. Not so I can work from it, rather I just want my own backup. Fusion is great but I still don't fully trust all my hard work to their care.

Message 4 of 13
HughesTooling

Do you have a single top level assembly that contains  all the other design files in the project? If you do you can go to that assembly file in the Dashboard in your internet browser and select to download a Fusion archive, the fz3 file will contain all the files linked to the assembly.

Here's a thread that show how to download a folder. Trouble is I just tried again today and all I got was an empty Zip file so I don't know why it worked before and not today.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
LScheepers
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks Mark, I'll have a look.

I also had that same problem with downloading folders. While I was trying on my own to figure it out, I put a whole lot of files in a folder and tried to download it, but like you I just got an empty ZIP

Message 6 of 13
x3msnake

empty folder here too

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

anyone found a possible solution for this?

Message 8 of 13
x3msnake
in reply to: Anonymous

According to Autodesk only solution is to manually download each file?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/a360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unable-to...

Message 9 of 13
x3msnake
in reply to: x3msnake

Is there a way to script this manual action?

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: x3msnake

Hi everyone,

STILL NOT WORKING!!!

Thought I've made it work by following the steps below:

1. Open Autodesk360 in the browser - https://myhub.autodesk360.com and login to your account;
  2. Browse to the project aimed to be downloaded;
  3. Create another folder inside the project - i.e. Archive Project XX
  4. Copy all the content of the project in the created folder;
  5. Download the folder (drop-down arrow next to folder);
  6. A pop-up message showing 'Compression Progress...' appears;
  7. Once Compression is completed, a Download.zip file is downloaded;

Inside the Download.zip file you will find some random outputs, and very truncated information!!!

Most likely is not meant to be used this way, but how?!

Can anyone replicate the above scenario and let us know if the output is not as intended?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Same problem as everyone else. Fusion really needs to make downloading a folder work.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

I needed something similar, turns out theres a 3rd party script that can do it for you, I used the fusion 360 total exporter script. pretty easy to isntall and then goes through and saves all your projects individually. 

https://productdesignonline.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-bulk-export-your-fusion-360-files/

Message 13 of 13
charliehirsch

The script works great and captures everything in a clear folder format consistent with the project details in Fusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report