Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update broke things?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cyberreefguru
272 Views, 2 Replies

Latest update broke things?

After the update this weekend, a brunch of stuff is "different" -> code for broken:

1) it seems I can no longer select a face on the ViewCube and have the model (or CAM) rotate to the face. 

2) 360 does not "remember" the last location I chose a template from - I have to select the location *every* time

3) See #2 - I can't set the default location for templates, which is most certainly **not** in ~/Fusion 360/ !

What am I missing - the most basic things seem to be broken now...?

-Tom

--
Professional PowerPoint Jockey...
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adsloud
in reply to: cyberreefguru

Hi Tom,

Thanks for letting us know. 

For the first question: Seems I didn't see this. Can you please help explain the detailed workflow and background when you encounter this issue?

For the CAM Template related questions: have you selected the Enable Cloud Libraries check box in the Preferences -> General -> CAM page? If so, by default, the newly created templates will be stored to A360 and there will be no save path dialog pops up. 

EnableCloudLibraries.png

BTW, once I change folders when using Create From Template --> Select Template... command or store template to local disk by changing the default location, Fusion can remember the changed location when next time I want to save template or create operation from template. But under cloud storage, the template shown in the context menu list are the templates stored in A360. 

Any questions please just let us know. Thanks.

Debbie Lou
Sr. QA Engineer for HSM CAM
Message 3 of 3
cyberreefguru
in reply to: adsloud

Hi Debbie - I have not changed any of the preference settings. "Enable Cloud Libraries" is not checked.  

When I select "Create from template" -> "Select Template", 360 pops open the traditional file select box, but every single time it defaults to "~/Fusion 360 CAM/templates".  Couple things bother me: 1) it doesn't remember the last location I chose a template from, 2) the arbitrary path Autodesk has spaces in it, which is very annoying to us old time unix users, 3) there is no apparent way to override the setting.  #1 is something that is broken from the previous build - 360 used to remember the path prior to the upgrade.  If #1 worked properly, #2 and #3 would be less important.

If I'm doing something wrong, just let me know.  Otherwise, #1 is a bug, #2 is just stupid, #3 is a feature request so I can fix #2 and use my central location for templates.

Thanks.

-Tom

--
Professional PowerPoint Jockey...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report