Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just an apple (fruit)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mailNJU7B
824 Views, 6 Replies

Just an apple (fruit)

Hi, I'm new with Fusion360.

I need an apple (fruit) to print with my 3D printer.

I've found an obj (here) and imported in Fusion360. The apple is faceted and not rounded so when I print it it remains faceted.

How can I "round" the apple?

p.s.
yes I know, I'm a neewby and perhaps this is a dummy question, but hope someone can help me understand.

thanks

Walter

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TrippyLighting
in reply to: mailNJU7B

I don't have a TurboSquid account, so I can't download the model. 

Is the faceting rectangular, or triangular?

If it is rectangular or if there are quad-faces, then create a new (empty) form.

Right-click on the imported mesh and select convert to T-Spline. Once that is completed click on "Finish form" and you have an apple either as a surface model or as a solid model.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
mailNJU7B
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Hi,

I think it's triangular. Here is a direct download link of the model.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
TrippyLighting

It is not triangulated when I look at it in Blender, which is good!

Make sure the Triangulate meshes setting is disabled in your preferences as shown in the screenshot

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 7.57.17 AM.png

If you then use Insert mesh to import this .obj into a new design you should be able to convert this as I have described.

Then on the top and bottom of the apple where the edges collapse into one point, remove every second edge so you don't have triangles.

The open ends of the leaf and stem I'd close with quad faces and perhaps crease the bottom edge.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
TrippyLighting

Screencast:

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
mailNJU7B
in reply to: TrippyLighting

it worked,

Thanks a lot man!

Message 7 of 7

Hallo, 

ich habe mir gerade das OBJ Modell von dem Apfel aus diesem Beitrag heruntergeladen und habe mehrmals 1:1 die Schritte aus dem Video befolgt.

Ich komme aber beim Schritt "Konvertieren" nicht weiter, weil Fusion mir immer eine Fehlermeldung mitteilt und abbricht. Woran könnte das liegen?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I just downloaded the OBJ model from the apple in this post and have followed the steps from the video 1:1 several times.

However, I can't get any further in the "Convert" step because Fusion always tells me an error message and aborts. What could be the reason for this?

I'm using following:

Aktiver Plan: Fusion 360, Abonnement
Windows 10 (17763)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report