Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing from design

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
329 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing from design

I'm almost really happy with the features Fusion 360 has in this mode. It is quite easy, and still precise to give out dimensions for objects, elements. 

I'm constantly working on furniture design. So I'm dimensioning relatively simple objects, planes, with some extra elements. 

My needs: to put out dimensions, mark some notes and materials, draw some simple add on to explain some combinations of montage process.

1) I'm constantly struggling with: renaming some sections - as I would do - some sections A1, A2, A3 on first page, B1, B2, B3 on third page - it would sometimes clarify the reading of project.

2) I'm marking also some materials, planes of furniture inside-outside relations - so I would like to have some leader to add on surface of an element, not edge. 

3) While I'm explaining the project - it would help to have an option of copying the same view in the same place of two pages, to have the same object in two pages with different visibility options - revealing different stages of montage. - It would make really better presentation of projects. 

I'm working in Fusion 360 now for about 5 months. Never have had some unsolved problem. Thank You!

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barry9UDQ6
in reply to: Anonymous

Fusion seems to have concentrated on the 3D workspaces (which are pretty awesome) and not so much the 2d, in my opinion.

The drawing workspace has limited functionality, especially when it comes the finer points. So I fear your questions are going to go through unsolved!

Message 3 of 4
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

I've replied with some suggestions in the order that you asked them, I hope that this is helpful 🙂

1) Our section tool currently works with Sections named in order of placement, for example; A-A, then B-B, then C-C. This is because it is based on the standard of your drawing template, either ISO or ASME. We don't currently support overrides of the section names, but it is something that I will add to our feature requests database.

2) Leaders on a surface. This is something that we are working to add to Fusion (see the public roadmap). For now, a workaround that could work for you, is to use a sketch leader.

2021-04-23_07h30_36.gif

3) Have a look at this video I put together for my colleague Dan, it covers some of what you are asking for, I think it may help you: https://youtu.be/wNx-GCDUedw

I hope this points you in the right direction!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Thanks! It partially answers some of my questions ... Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report