Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June Update destroyed all my motion studies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
451 Views, 4 Replies

June Update destroyed all my motion studies

I had a number of complex motion studies involving on average 8 joints each.  Afte the update each motion study only shows 1 joint ... all other joints disappeared.  The joint each study shows is different from study to study.

The joints themselves seem to be intact.  Will I have to recreate each study?  Any idea why this happened?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: Anonymous

Dave,

I need to examine your project data. This is entirely unexpected.

Can you invite me to your project? phil dot eichmiller at autodesk dot com.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

How do I do that?

I do remember now deleting part of one of the rigid bodies that was part of these animations over the weekend while the cloud was down just before I did the update ... might that have caused the problem?

I also created an archive just before the update (seemed like a good idea) ... I suppose I could restore that archive and see if that restores the motion studies, but you might want to check out what I have now first, for troubleshooting purposes.  Let me know.

Message 4 of 5
O.Tan
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 1.11.58 PM.png

Click the triangle on the left in your Data Panel, it'll open your web browser

2.Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 1.13.29 PM.png

The web browser will open your A360 data panel, browse to your project (where the file is located), click on people

3. Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 1.14.29 PM.png

Once open, click on invite to invite the respective person.

Take note that this will give the person access to all your files in the project, if you want to prevent that, create a new project (to be shared) and move your file into that project.

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: O.Tan

Hi all,

you can invite somebody directly from Fusion Data Panel -> tab People

Jan Priban, SQA Engineer Fusion 360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report