Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving to Computer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
291 Views, 2 Replies

Saving to Computer

In Fusion 360, is there a way to NOT upload my designs to AutoDesk's cloud?  I don't want AutoDesk's IT department to have access to my ideas.  Is there a way to save locally?

Thanks

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
charegb
in reply to: Anonymous

Fusion 360 is a cloud based product that makes collaboration seamless by having once central location for the data (the cloud). There isn't a way to use Fusion 360 with local storage.

That said, no one else has access to your data if you don't explicitly invite them to a project that you are working on.

Even Autodesk IT doesn't have automatic access to your data in the cloud. Your intellectual property, even if it lives in A360 (our cloud), is still yours and there are very strict protocols on when we can access your data - usually only for technical support and only with your permission.

Take a look at this site for our security certifications and protocols - http://www.autodesk.com/trust/overview 

Thanks,

Bankim

Message 3 of 3
O.Tan
in reply to: Anonymous

No offence, but don't be too paranoid over the cloud stuff, there's practically hundred of thousands (possibly millions) of design data stored in A360, it is highly unlikely Autodesk IT department would want to poke inside the user data (if it's even possible without user permission).

charegb shared an excellent link that you should read if you don't trust our words
http://www.autodesk.com/trust/overview

Btw, I'm not an Autodesk employee. Have a good day!

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report