Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to group components into folders?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4484 Views, 4 Replies

Is there any way to group components into folders?

I won't bother adding fasteners right now because it seems to clutter up the browser with components. I haven't found a way to group them into folders. Is there a way?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
haughec
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes.  Right-click on the top browser node (the name of your design) and select "New Component" from the context menu.  You can then drag/drop other components into the new component to create a sub-assembly.

Hope this helps.

Charles

Charles Haughey
Fusion 360 User Experience Architect
Message 3 of 5
TrippyLighting
in reply to: haughec

I don't think thats what lukephigetti is asking for.

Usually fasterners are already part of the component/subcomponent structure of a design. That's where they get in the way, meaning when you adjust a (parametric) design you often need to loacte the sketch for editing in a subcomponent. If you have plenty of imported standard components, nuts, bols, screws, washers, locating pins etc.  having to visually sort throug that "rubble" of parts is cumnbersonme.

The other case is that you have changed your design and find that you need different fasternes but these are in a differnt assembly. Then yopu need to traverse down that assembly tree and find the these parts there.

It is easier to locate these in a folder/category. A more flexible approach would be tags and filters. Then you can assign more then one tag to a part (place parts into more than one categroy) and filter for multiple tags.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Pretty much that
Message 5 of 5
thanos.husk
in reply to: haughec

That was so helpful! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report