Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to copy a body from one design into another?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
itchytoes
1428 Views, 4 Replies

Is it possible to copy a body from one design into another?

Hi --

I searched around the web and I found some instructions about copying a body from one design into another, but I didn't understand them.

Is it possible to copy a body from one design into another, and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks

Betty

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
brucehuang
in reply to: itchytoes

Hi Betty, Currently copy/paste body crossing document is not supported yet. But you can work around it by copy/paste-new for body's owning component. 

Bruce (Fusion Development)

Message 3 of 5
donsmac

Hi Betty,

You can copy and paste a body by selecting  the body, Right Click, choose Copy. Go to your new design and right click and choose Paste. Turn off the Time Line to do this.

Or, you can copy/pastenew a component into a document that has the Time Line on, (Choose PasteNew when you right click). 

~Don

Message 4 of 5
TrippyLighting

Also, please be aware of the difference beteween bodies and components in Fusion 360. This has puzzled new users as well as CAD veterans as that distinction is different from most mainstream CAD software.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
itchytoes
in reply to: brucehuang

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't get a chance to try stuff until now. 

Copying the component seems to be good enough for me,  and I was able to create a new component and add a body into it so that I could copy it.

Betty

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report