Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immobilized Model

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
506 Views, 5 Replies

Immobilized Model

For a long time I was able to click and drag various parts of my Falcon 12b model into new positions. For instance, I could click on the mannequin's foot and drag the whole leg into new a position, fold it, or straighten it, etc. Then, somewhere along the line this was no longer possible. I would open a file, drag parts of it around and then, after a few moves, it would no longer move. It became immobilized.

2e8d9f0d-c2fb-4146-9ff4-a03129b4a04e.PNG

One time I saw a brief notification appear that I thought contained the word "immobilized" but it quickly disappeared before I could read it.

Anybody know what's happening? Is there any way to unfreeze the model once this happens?

Thanks,

Douglas George

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SaeedHamza
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're having or perhaps a screencast?

Regards

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: SaeedHamza

Hi Saeed,

Thanks for responding but I don't think a screenshot would help. The click and drag function just stops working. Same deal in all the sub-assembly drawings I've tried. For instance in the actuator assembly drawing,

Actuator Assembly.png

I could move all the parts by click and drag. Then it stopped working. Fortunately, I'd saved it as a test file under a different name before trying. The original file still works fine but the test file is still immobilized.

Douglas

Message 4 of 6
SaeedHamza

Are you sure that the component isn't grounded?

Because if it was set to ground from the browser, it won't move unless you use the move command

please attach a screenshot of the browser

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: SaeedHamza

Hi Saeed,

Various parts of the model are grounded in order to make it work properly. Here's a Screencast of the original drawing that is still working:

And here's screenshot of the one that stopped working. It now has a bunch of red warning symbols on the joints that stopped working. I have no idea why it changed or how to fix it.

Actuator Motion Immobilized.png
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Saeed,

OK, much to my embarrassment, I found out what's happening.

The problem occurs when I turn off the design history.

With the design history turned off, the component dragging function stops working. That's all there is to it. I turned off the design history in order to get the largest possible unobstructed screen area (and the highest resolution) for a 1080p screen capture using my AVS Video Editor.

So, my humble apologies to you and whoever else puzzled over it for wasting your time. I'm truly sorry.

Douglas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report