Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont understand these interference's

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
562 Views, 5 Replies

I dont understand these interference's

I had many problems building components and assembling then so I switched to a top down build. This went really well up to this point.

When I insert a a bolt into the center bearing cap I get an interference error I do not understand. A larger hole or a smaller bolt does not fix the problem???

The other error is similar in nature.

Here is a link to the project.

http://a360.co/2qlMJGr

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dsouzasujay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

By looking at the model you shared the Joints which you have already defined are Rigid.

You need to select Cylindrical type for bolt.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

If you find my answer solved your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button

Sujay D'souza
SQA Manager
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dsouzasujay

Thank you Sujay for the information. I can use cylindrical from now on but changing this bolt to cylindrical did not fix my problem.

I have since noticed that if I move the assembly as a group ( I know it is not all locked down at that point in the project). Moving it away from the

origin point and re checking the interference all the errors go away! why would moving the assembly cause the errors to correct themselves?

I have a screen cast but the program believes my clock is wrong and will not upload. I am synced to time.com so .....

Dean

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Here is the screen cast

-Dean-

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry. Second try.

Message 6 of 6
dsouzasujay

Hi @Anonymous,

I have tried the workflow and followed the steps from screen cast and i was able to reproduce the issue.

I have reported this, also FUS-32786 is created to track this bug.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

If you find my answer solved your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button

Sujay D'souza
SQA Manager
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report