Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use joint?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
hato54
829 Views, 11 Replies

How to use joint?

I'm trying to make a double "fence" on a plate but can't find out how to joint this together.

Can someone help me please?

/Håkan

R1302-0240-D0 v2.png

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
vex
Collaborator
in reply to: hato54

Fixed or rotational joint concentric on the mounting hole surfaces should do what you want.

EDIT:

Looking closer at what joints you have in there; remove your fixed joint. Replace it with a rotational joint (do not specifiy angle on any rotational joint--it will come out in the wash when you joint the other rotational constraints).

Message 3 of 12
hato54
in reply to: vex

Hi

The problem is to make two joints on each "fence part" or how should I connect the parts so they are locked to each other and the plate?

/Håkan

Message 4 of 12
vex
Collaborator

Rotational joints at the mounting location: Pick the underside of the mounting hole on the fence and specify the concentric origin on the hole. Then select the face on the plate, choosing the concentric origin on the hole you wish to secure to.

Next select the top of the fence's lower leg that you just mounted (IE Same hole), specify the concentric origin. Select the bottom surface of the next fence component with the concentric origin. Join them to each other. Rinse and repeat as necessary.
Message 5 of 12
hato54

Hi

"Rotational joints at the mounting location: Pick the underside of the mounting hole on the fence and specify the concentric origin on the hole. Then select the face on the plate, choosing the concentric origin on the hole you wish to secure to."

That's ok

"Next select the top of the fence's lower leg that you just mounted (IE Same hole), specify the concentric origin. Select the bottom surface of the next fence component with the concentric origin. Join them to each other. Rinse and repeat as necessary."

The problem is to connect the second fence to the plate, Am I wrong?

/Håkan

R1302-0240-D0 v3.png

Message 6 of 12
vex
Collaborator

Repeat previous steps.

It should make one component transparent when selecting (I'm assuming you've grounded the plate). IE Either the plate or the fence will become transparent. After selecting one or the other the transparency should go away and you'll be available to select it.
Message 7 of 12
hato54

Yes I have gounded the plate.

Yes the plate is transparent.

The new jont is ok but also the "old" joint will be broken (A -B)

/Håkan

Next joint.png

Message 8 of 12
vex
Collaborator

The old joint will not break unless you've specified an angle to maintain it. What you're viewing is a two component preview. When you start joining multiple components together it does not do a full solve on the assembly. Once you click 'OK' it will do a full solve, and baring any incompatible joint assemblies you will have what you want.

Caveat: I have had joint errors in the past that required alternative joints to complete the task; but you shouldn't need to do that here.

Message 9 of 12
vex
Collaborator

Simple walkthrough:

Step 1.png

Step 2:

Step 2.png

Step 3:

Step 3.png

Step 4:

Step 4.pngStep 1.png

Message 10 of 12
hato54

Sorry but I can't understand how to make two joints in the same part?

Made a test but got errors.

In Your pictures it's looks like You have two joints on each part?

Am I wrong?

/Håkan

error.png

Message 11 of 12
vex
Collaborator

That's a warning, not an error. Click 'Yes'

Message 12 of 12
hato54

Now it's works, thank You vex.

I'm still learning!

/Håkan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report