Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adv. modeling + sketch engine speed

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cekuhnen
366 Views, 1 Reply

adv. modeling + sketch engine speed

I just read the proposed roadmap for 2016 and noticed that improvements to the sketch engine speed and more important to the surface modeling tool set is absent.

For example:

1. Surface Patch need weight options instead of brude G0 G1 G2

2. Loft needed G1 or G2 aling rails

Screenshot_1.png

3. Patching also working like 4 sides surface with per edge G0 G1 G2 option

4. NURBS CV curve for sketch 

One of the biggest issues I see, that the moment you start to build something that is not a block or cylinder, the process Fusion will force you to use is sometimes

quite complicated because it is a workaround of its own limitations.

Idealy I think Fusion should be as natural to engineers as industrial designers when generating geometry, meaning knowledge learned in one process app

should easily be transferable to Fusion.

Certain shapes which are quite easy in Rhino/MOI/Alias require a lot more work in Fusion to get right if possible.

Any thought on this?

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
promm
in reply to: cekuhnen

Class,

When the modeling teams plan the work for each release we make sure that we have items that cover stability, usability and performance along with new functionality.  Our team has increased the amount of performance items, establishing a baseline and goals.  Our roadmap does not mention this because we feel that it is implied that we will continue efforts in these areas. 

Mike Prom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report