Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print a 1:1 scale sketch from Fusion 360 to paper?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
moller.g.peter
589 Views, 10 Replies

How to print a 1:1 scale sketch from Fusion 360 to paper?

Not sure this is a F360 issue and I'm not even sure this is possible but I'm trying to take a 2d sketch of a floor plan I've made in F360 where e.g. one side (A) is 495mm and when I print it out on A4, A3 etc. I want to be able to measure 495mm on the paper but so far nothing works for me. I've tried Autodesk viewer, F360 .dxf->Incskape .pdf->foxit viewer->print but no luck.

Any clue to how I can achieve this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wersy
in reply to: moller.g.peter

Make sure that you set your printer to print 1:1.
Not aligned to paper size!

Message 3 of 11

The process is outlined in the video.  A sketch comes in to a 2D drawing as phantom lines, the video will show how to change the linetype.

Print Dialog.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 11

You say 495mm....Can we start with say a 200X200 Square...Can you get that printing OK?

Message 5 of 11

Thank you! It's very close but I'm only allowed one sheet (one piece of the entire image).

I have selected printer, paper size A3, orientation, scale 1:1, no offset, "current sheet".

In the print preview window I can't click "next" or "previous" which indicate it will only view/print the current view that I can see in the preview window but the image is so much larger. I tested printing and it confirms my suspicions, I get a piece of the bottom left corner only of the entire image. I tried changing the "Print range" options from "current sheet" to "All sheets" and "sheets in range" but nothing changes. Other things I've missed perhaps?

Message 6 of 11

Your sketch is too large to be printer 1:1 on the selected paper size.  You need to choose a different scale or paper size.  

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 7 of 11

I was hoping that I could have the 1:1 image printed on as many A3 as needed for a complete imageand later stitch all papers together like a puzzle since the printer can only take max size A3, not A2 or A1. 

Message 8 of 11

Ok I got it. I'm sure there is a much more convenient way to solve this but since I've never done this before, this is my solution with free software.

I exported my 2D sketch from F360 as .dfx file, imported it into Inkscape and converted it into .pdf, imported that .pdf into Acrobat Reader where I opened the printer dialogue, there I chose "Poster" in the Page Sizing section, then did my printers settings and it came out exactly 1:1 size 🙂 

Message 9 of 11
g-andresen

Hi,

You can also do this from the drawing  in Fusion (custom size).
File > Print > print to PDF ... 

günther

Message 10 of 11
moller.g.peter
in reply to: g-andresen

Problem is that the available "Paper size" settings does not allow me to go larger than A3 (I guess this is because of the printers possible range) and my current floor plan has almost the size of an A1. So I end up with my previous issue, that I only see the bottom left corner of the entire floor plan. Had the option of larger paper sizes been available, then sure! But with this setting I'm dependent on the printer's physical paper-size limits, in my case A3 is the biggest I can print per sheet

Message 11 of 11
g-andresen

Hi,

just have a look at my screencast in this thread #9 

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report