Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pattern diagonally with perfect spacing relative to existing body?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
harrison.friedes
315 Views, 5 Replies

How to pattern diagonally with perfect spacing relative to existing body?

I have a file divider design I am working on, where I am trying to figure out how to pattern 6 label holders across 6 dividers to be perfectly spaced.

Screenshot 2023-10-21 081329.png

Right now, I'm not sure what I need to do to get them perfectly spaced horizontally (with a small, evenly spaced gap between each divider) or vertically (so each label holder connects to each divider wall exactly). Any advice on what I can do to get this done?
Fusion 360 file attached below, relevant design in the 'Dividers' component.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

This would be a lot easier if the spacing of the dividers or shelves were equal to the inside of the cabinet.

Different Spacing.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6

Great catch, thank you. I fixed the spacing and am still running into trouble getting the pattern spaced evenly, any idea what else I can do to improve it?

Screenshot 2023-10-21 153448.png

Screenshot 2023-10-21 153327.png

File attached below

Message 4 of 6

You do not have even spacing on your top shelf and the top inside of the main cabinet quite yet.  If you notice in a screen capture taken from your post, the measures may be the same but the last measure, as indicated, it is from the center of a shelf to the inside edge of the cabinet.  The creates a different spacing on the last shelf to the top inside of the main cabinet.

Shelf Spacing.jpg

Shelf Spacing 1.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 6

After you do get your shelf spacing correct, you can use a plain old rectangular pattern to place your holders in place.  I used the sketch construction line as my axis and for the spacing used it's length divided by 5 with a pattern count of 6.  I attached my model but I corrected your spacing problem by using the Offset Face command to add 0.85mm to the inside of the top of the cabinet wall, so YOU CANNOT USE MY MODEL for anything except helping you understand how I did it.  Model is attached for REFERENCE only.

This should answer your Forum question.  Please select "Accept Solution" on one of my posts if you feel it does.  Otherwise let me know if you have questions.

Rectangular Pattern on Sketch.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 6

This is awesome, thank you! Fixed the spacing and it seems to be working great now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report